View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #58
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I used to never get the flu shot, mostly because everyone I observed seemed to get flu like symptoms (though only for 2-3 days at most, so not the actual flu) from getting the shot. That was initially the case, though I noticed that this seemed to be declining year over year where less people got those symptoms.

It wasn't that I thought the shot was going to give me the flu, I just felt it was only a possibility, not a guarantee that it would prevent me from getting the flu...and to potentially deal with flu like symptoms for a few days for only a possibility that it would protect me - I just decided to take my chances and not bother with it.

This was true until I had kids. Babies especially are very susceptible, so at that point, I was happy to get the shot on the off chance it would prevent me from getting the flu, because it is my kid in the mix now - it isn't just me. And I will continue to get it until the youngest is about 3 or 4 years old for that reason. And then, who knows, may go back to not getting it.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50