04-20-2021, 01:55 AM   #58
ccfj1
Tinkerer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefecito View Post
I have a 2010 E90 320i in Japan (CIC). It only has the basics: no Bluetooth, no reverse camera, parking sensors, etc.
I'm working my way to install everything.

I found someone selling a tv module (see photo below), he says it was pulled out of a 2008 m3 e90. The part number is: 9 146 702.
Some questions:
  1. Is this compatible? When googling the part number it shows this is for the E60.
  2. The part number seems to be for Japan only, so I'm struggling to find information about it. Is there any equivalent p/n that I can use when searching in Google?
  3. Where can I buy the cable harness or the parts to make the cable harness? What are the connectors names? Where can I find a connection diagram?
  4. They sell it without mounting brackets or anything. Will I be able to install it without it? I guess could make my own out of wood.
  5. If I install this module, will I still be able to set up the reverse camera?
Thanks!
That TV module will power on, but its not a digital unit.

e60 unit will work in an e90

Ebay has a ready made look if you dont want to make one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E65-E...QAAOxy3HJTIa5z

you still may need to modify it as the e90 and e60 are not 100% the same.

You can get the brackets from the dealer.

Personally I would get the later tv module and mount it under the floor next to the combox/tcu/mulf, its a neater install and you dont need loads of brackets and a new boot liner.

Appreciate 0