View Single Post
      06-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #51
fthrower
Waiting On Another One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Leslie - Yes - I spoke to someone at the Port of San Diego that I believe they called a "wharfer". He wasn't a bureaucrat or an administrator - he sounded like someone that actually knew something. He convinced me that the arrival info that they post should be pretty accurate but that it could change day to day. I neglected to ask about ownership.

He did say that 57 bimmers on the ship sustained sheet metal damage when a giant crane arm came loose and swung around with abandon. The carnage only ceased when the arm became wedged between a forklift and a 328 convertible.

Please disregard that last paragraph. I couldn't resist.

My internet search has led me to believe that 216 different companies own the Maersk Welkin (perhaps not quite that many). And then there may be companies that don't own it but use it. Check out this site. I can't get much info from it as to tracking but it clearly shows our ship is used by that company.

(http://www.hoegh.com:80/autoliners/ )

The good news is that there are no hurricanes in the mix yet. I think we can assume that the ship is getting close to the Caribbean.

L - You DID pull out the big guns. Just tell your husband not to poke around under the hood. Those things are like 240 volts and can fry the owner.
Appreciate 0