View Single Post
      04-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

evolve switchable ECU OBD Remap/Flash units X20d X30d X35d

We recently launched the evolve Switch switchable remap unit. This allows the user to flash or remap their own ECU's with our tuned software. This is available for the BMW EDC16 ECU, which includes 1/318d 122 BHP, 1/320d 163 BHP, x25d, x30d 231 BHP and x35d. This is also applicable to other BMW models with the same engines/ECU ie 5/6 series and X6/X5/X3. Not available for the x35i engine yet. This is in development but we have no date on release.

The process works like this:

1. Configure the evolve Switch box using the software we supply on your PC.
2. Take the box to your car - plug in OBD2 cable to read original map file.
3. Connect switch box to PC and transfer original file to PC and then email to us.
4. We send you tuned map file which you load into the switch box. The box now holds both of the maps - standard and evolve tuned.
5. Plug switch box back into cars OBD2 port and load tuned map file into car.

The box has easy to follow on screen instructions, also includes at DTC reader/clearer and automatically clears any ECU faults once it has finished flashing the ECU.

The car can now be returned to stock before any dealer visits and the tuned restored after. The flashing process takes 4-5 mins each way and the unit is powered by the car.

For those of you who don't know our company I have added links to reviews from E90post members. evolve tuned 335d (along with 335i) were tested by BMWCar magazine in a 7 page feature in December 08 issue. The evolve tuned 335d was timed 0-100 MPH at 11.9 seconds.

There are plenty of E90posters in the UK section who have had their cars tuned by us.

If BMW update your ECU software we will provide new software FOC.

Power gains at the fly (up to)

x35d +64 BHP +90-100 Ft/lbs Read more about our x35d remaphere

E90post member review

x30d +50 BHP +90-100 Ft/lbs Torque.

E90post member review

x20d +40 BHP +75 Ft/lbs Torque

We are currently running a group buy on these in the sponsors section here
Appreciate 0