04-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #36
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by richifever View Post
When using Zaino, why would I want to use Z2 vs Z5 or vice versa? I don't really understand what a deep look is.
General rule of thumb - on a light colored car use Z2pro, on a darker car use Z5pro. Z2pro tends to have a an extremely wet look, as the same time it is a little "plasticky", in that the color looses some of it's depth, which is fine on light colors, in fact it's good. On dark colors you want that darkening and deepening of paint, so go with Z5pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperelite View Post
I am taking delivery of my new 335XI on 5 or 6 May and need to find out where to get all of this stuff. I work for the government and am posted overseas, Spain, so I am having trouble finding it. A website that would sell the stuff maybe? Can someone give me an exact list of everything (type of clay, brands, quantities; i.e. a shopping list) I will need so I can do this myself. I find it daunting to think about applying the techniques above to a car that isn't even off the assembly line until 12 April. Picus, is there a one stop web site where I can order everything I will need and have it delivered through the USPS? Like I said, if I could get a no kidding list of absolutely everything I need, it would ease the mental anguish of preparing to do this. I've had my other car worked on in Spain and it looked worse after I got it back than when it went in so a Spanish detailer is out of the question. The 335 is Sparkling Graphite Metalic outside with Black Dakota Leather and Burl Walnut Wood inside. I've worked on my own cars since I have bought them but want to do this BMW right. Thanks a lot for the help.
You want a list starting from things to use when washing, like buckets? Like, how thorough should the list be?
Appreciate 0