Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Performance

Next up was a few easy performance mods.
After reading a bunch of reviews on the BMS Powerbox, I decided to give it a shot. I was mainly interested in increasing throttle response, and hoped that the power gains would be slightly noticeable too (knowing it wasn't going to be drastic).

I also purchased a clutch stop, which I've been very pleased with. I used 3 of the 4 spacers, and now the clutch release point is much better (using all the spacers had the clutch disengaging just a bit too quickly for me).

Finally I found a used Injen air intake (with heat shield) for the N52 engine. I know there's a lot of discussion about whether or not this is helpful at all from a performance standpoint, but I did it purely for the sound. The engine was just too quiet, and I loved how the air intakes sounded on my previous cars so I went for it.
I couldn't be happier with it, love the way the engine sounds now, especially when flooring it at high RPMs.

I eventually want to do some minor exhaust work too, but don't want anything too loud, and don't want to drown out the noise of the engine. Just something that has a bit of a deeper tone and just a bit more volume. I've heard the PE is good for this, but damn that's a lot of money! May just do a res delete for now until I save up for something bigger.
Appreciate 0