View Single Post
      11-20-2008, 08:43 AM   #2868
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyergru View Post
I never said they told that figure in the U.S. statement. I said that both statements put together tell you the whole story. BMW clearly does not want to "admit" anything that causes expenses. They just offer a software fix. If you want to rely solely on what they tell you in the U.S., please ignore anything that I have written here.
You seem to be clearly missing the point. Its important to be clear where all the information concerning this issue comes from. I believe AUTO BILD, however until they release the source of that information and how it was obtained than you cant say it came from BMW. Its clear as mud at this point that 150ms comes from BMW.

Quote:
O.K., I give up. It's obvious, that in your parallel universe, BMW never told Autobild anything.
This kind of statement clearly demonstrates you have no intention of actually discussing the issue and have denigrated this whole issue to some kind of personal jihad.

Quote:
Remember? You asked where the 150ms came from and the answer already was two pages back. I referred you to the source and you still disbelieved that the figure comes from BMW. I referred you to the original article of a magazine that is sold ~630.000 times here which says translated: "The result: a delay – 150 ms according to BMW. „For sure, no customer gets that out“, says a BMW speaker to Autobild.". You still tell me that it's not sure that the figure was stated by BMW.
Clearly your reading comprehension skills are suffering. I posted the excerpt from the article in the original format in my previous reply. I read it. I understood it. Those quotes do not surround the 150ms figure. According to that simple syntax, the figure was not quoted from the BMW spokesman.

Quote:
I severely doubt that you will get that 150ms statement from "BMW proper" in a country where they specifically market the car with the claim of "no lag". BTW: They never used that claim here in Germany. Autobild was the first to get BMWs "sort-of" acknowledgement of the lag problem, probably before the official U.S. statement was forged where that 150ms is characterized as "small amount of increased turbocharger lag" which "may be perceptable to the most sensitive BMW drivers". This is Newspeak to me.

Sorry I could not help you out.
Your attitude is not helping me out. I'm not arguing over the validity of data, like this 150ms. At no time have I stated that if it was not an official statement from BMW, that the information was not valid. However it is important to any discussion to be clear where the information is coming from..
Appreciate 0