View Single Post
      07-31-2018, 05:36 PM   #2219
mfish123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
I guess D mode in both is about the same.
I do notice for my transmission that Stage 2 feels better than Stage 3 in D mode.

I found S to be to harsh in Stage 3. It did quite a bit of lurching. Didn't like it. I am now back to stage 2.

For M mode, Stage 3 transforms the car. I loved the Stage 3 manual mode, but the other modes for Stage 3 made it unusable as a daily driver for me.

I haven't bought the option that allows changing the shift points. That's on my to do list. I am looking forward for a min RPM in gear function so that the car won'd downshift and have me cruising at 1200-1500 RPM. I drove a manual for lots of years and I like creating with the RPMs higher so I don't need to downshift for every maneuver. I know gas mileage will suffer. I can live with that.
techwiz Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking forward to more customization options.

I actually paid a bit more to get a custom map but I was heavily involved. Basically I took the backed up Alpina map from my car and loaded it in turnerpro. I then drove around a bazillion times closely monitoring accelerator pedal position and shifting behavior under different situations, in each gear and changed the D mode shift map until I got it how I liked it. it was a lot of driving, testing, logging, tweaking in tunerpro, flashing the new revision, rinse repeat. It was quite tedious. You can control both upshifts and downshifts in every gear.

I'm the same as you in that I prefer a slightly higher shift point (not the WOT max shift point) in every day driving. I then sent this map to Xhp, paid the fee and they incorporated my D mode shiftmap into the tweaks they did 2 stage 2. Money well spent.

I would imagine they could give you a hybrid of stage 2 D and S modes with stage 3 m mode fairly easily.

With my limited knowledge I couldn't quite get the 6 --> 5 downshift how I wanted it and just based on my impressions they were able to tweak for me.

So maybe all my self tweaking was overkill and you could describe what you're looking for and then can make it a reality based on your description.