View Single Post
      04-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #49
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
I used my local dealer, JCT600 in Bradford. Initial impressions were good and the sales guy was reasonable. However, I'm distinctly unimpressed with them for a number of reasons:

Could only test drive a 335i auto, accompanied, for about 45 mins. Audi let me take the new TT out for an hour unaccompanied. Luckily I liked the coupe enough to place an order.

After I had ordered they couldn't be bothered to contact me to keep me informed as to delivery date etc. Despite numerous phone calls I was passed from pillar to post and even the receptionists seemed embarrassed! I was so fed up I wrote a letter to the dealer principal, but received no reply. I had to hand my RX8 back on a fixed date as it was on a PCP and couldn't get a straight answer from the dealership about a definite delivery date. The sales guy had been on holiday and he used this as an excuse when he returned. I asked him about my letter and he went to check on it, made various mutterings of apology, but the dealer principal never had the courtesy to answer.

When I finally took delivery car wasn't waiting in the handover bay and had to be driven round in the drizzle by the salesman who ragged the ar*$e off it in 1st gear to demonstrate the engine note! I then asked for some mats to be given to me as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience. Sales guy said he would have to check etc. etc. Cue more phone calls and eventually 10% off the mats and they made it sound like a huge favour!

Not sure I'd buy BMW again based on this experience. I thought I was buying into a quality marque, but it seems that customer care is of little importance.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0