View Single Post
      06-30-2012, 01:41 AM   #4106
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 06 e90 325xi

Garage List
Hey maybe someone in here can help me out here...

Is it possible for me to mess something up on my e82, to slow the car down, playing with inpa... I got a vbox and started testing, i was consistantly around 10.0s on my stretch of road I use with little to no slope, and with the vbox it makes you wonder what you can do to speed things up...

So, i got the cable to code injectors, and used the DIY and went to the injectors through the msd80 e90 window in INPA and was able to see the values. I re entered all the values as a few were .01 or .02 off, I than played with a few tests but didnt do anything that i would think would mess with the car. And dont remember exactly what I did though but it wasnt much, I just did one test, not sure which but than stopped it mid cycle...

Now that was late at night, since than my car is about 1 FULL SECOND slower 60-130 and it started the very next day.. now this could be a coincidence but I am not sure..

Could I of messed with my ecu? Was is incorrect to select e90 than n54 engine than do coding process for my e82? and it said msd80 and i may have msd81 .... Sorry for these newb type questions and you may think i am crazy but these are all facts and i have been dumbfounded sine, and changed plugs, hp fuel sensor, vac lines, checked for boost leaks, etc... went absolutely crazy 29+ times since and its still slow, and it started im pretty sure when i coded or tried to code the injectors...

and i have checked sine and the values come up correct, i even reset them, started the car and it was rough and instant codes thrown, recoded the values and it was fine, so im dumbfounded, Im thinking i did something elsewhere in the menus....

Is there any way I can reset everything i have done? If so, how? I can have bmw do whatever to as i have friends there but when i ask them these things they look at me like im crazy because they really only know there way of doing things...

SORRY for so much typing but I really need advice , one way or the other... thanks!