View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #9
tcw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Jesus, looks how much room is in there. Makes my hands jealous after installing this stage 3 kit. Its only the prototype but man is it tight. That looks like a breeze to install. Great looking kit too, very well made.
Haha, it wasn't exactly a breeze. But the biggest PITA were:
1) A stud stuck in the head half in and half out (top back of engine)... ended up shearing the head of the stud (small torx socket) but not the threaded area. After trying to get it off with a couple of nuts, heat, and & PB blaster; I just decided to leave it on and let the new manifold nut tighten it all the way down. Which it did nicely.
2) Reaching one of the shortened manifold nuts under the pipe going to the turbo.
3) Getting all the v-band clamps to seat without dislodging one another
4) Getting the downpipe to midpipe bolts in. Took a couple hours of prying and loosening all the v-band clamps so everything could rotate. Keep in mind this is after raising the subframe and removing the engine support beam.
2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450
Appreciate 0