Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
I found some info in the Bentley Service manual relating to Replacement battery registration that states:

1.)If a higher rating battery is installed, recode CAS with correct battery specifications.

2.)Register battery

So the first thing I did was to process and read the CAS module and I found a line which read:

KLASSE_BATTERIE
70ah

Since my new Federal 694RMF battery was now rated at 80ah, I changed it to 80ah.

Other options for this CAS setting are outlined below.
Obviously the first six are Wet Cell standard style of batteries and the others are the newer AGM style of battery.

The settings available are as such:

KLASSE_BATTERIE
46ah
55ah
70ah
80ah
90ah
110ah
40ah_agm
60ah_agm
70ah_agm
80ah_agm
90ah_agm

Once I recoded the CAS module with NCSExpert, I then proceeded to use the Tool32 program as described in CasperSYTFU's post above.

One other thing I also noticed is that there is a program within INPA that allows you to register your battery but it says "Stopped" in yellow at the bottom corner just before registration....>>> E90>>ENGINE>>MSD80>> Status(F5)>>PM-IBS>>B TAUSCH.

If it helps, I attached a document that shows the parameter options allowed for the various E90 modules. This is where I found Battery setting options.
If this is true, I may have to reprogram my car. When I had it programmed with an autologic tool, the lowest option for my vehicle was 70Ah AGM.

40Ah AGM would be better for my 31Ah AGM braille.....which I also found out is a highly marked up price for a motorcycle battery, rebranded....

I just order the obdII cable so I'll have to give this a shot.
Appreciate 0