View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #19
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

Front Bilstein B6 HD struts are in. Had to be careful to make sure the spring and new spring rubber isolation seat properly to prevent raised front end.
No bump stops in B6? Not sure. Couldn't feel it under the dust boot.
OE twin tube dampers were GONE at 60k miles. Probably went out by 40-50k miles.
Along with the strut damper, you need new top and bottom spring rubber isolation, strut mount, small washer to seal the bottom of the strut mount bearing so debris won't get into bearing, and the bigger washer with rubber to isolate the strut mount from the top spring retainer.
Also get the strut to the body thin isolation that prevent squeaks. It was not included in the refresh kit from Turner Motorsports.
I had to reuse mine. Better to buy new. If you can't afford new and old ones are gone, apply thin layer of gasket maker.
Because this is LCI front suspension, there's no alignment pin ring to go over the strut hat. The pin comes as part of OE strut hat.

Bilstein strut mount nut is locking 22 mm nut instead of factory 21 mm nut.
I pulled the factory off with impact wrench since I didn't care for them. Is that why they have no more pressure?

The Bilstein strut rod is held down by 7 mm Allen wrench, be sure to get it you'll be stuck. Do NOT use impact wrench to install. Spinning rod with force can damage the internal seals.

It was a PITA to align the springs to the mounting so the car won't sit high but I had help.
OE rubber spring isolation were flatter than new OE types I got. So if the car sits high for a while, it's these. NOT the springs. Springs don't sag if made with decent quality.
Attached Images

Last edited by Soravia; 12-29-2019 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0