View Single Post
      11-24-2007, 08:19 AM   #55
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
I would have never known this was occurring if it was not for me just playing around with the user curves and concurrently, monitoring boost. You may very well not see it with the lower values you are running. Plus, this only seems to occur when the car is fully warmed.

I guess the easiest way to try and replicate it would be to get the car warmer up fully; oil to 240 F (115 C for you ). Stop the car and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then drive the car and find a slight uphill area, hold the car at 3000 revs in 3rd and floor it. You may need to try several times as it is not repeatable.

I suspect, most cars will not have this issue. But it seems there are 2 so far and maybe more that do experience this unknowingly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
In all fairness, Shiv did send me a map to test with earlier this week. Unfortunately it did not make a difference. But I have communicated this back to him along with sending log files. Unfortunately the logs did not show anything as the car was behaving correctly at the time; ironic...
Thank you for this information.

Apparently v2.0.1 is having some "issues". It is unbelievable for me that Vishnu does not release immediately a final v2.0.2 map, which is working stable. Shiv knows tuning the 335i and he knows his product. Such a map could exist at least since 2 weeks when Vishnu would be willing to spend the efforts. I like the PROcede V2, I like Vishnu as a company but when they are not willing to fix issues ( I am very confident they can ), the PROcede V2 is the wrong product for me. First quality, then performance.

- Eugen
Appreciate 0