View Single Post
      09-25-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
jfranci3
Private
Rep
Drives: Not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie View Post
I can get the B4 set for around $300. People put H&R and Eibach lowering springs on stock struts all the time so I don't see the issue there.
Sure they do. Is it the best idea, no. Standard shocks are too long, and you'll likely hit the bump stop on the suspension too often, making your car ride rough.

Quote:
I priced out the whole suspension including B4 struts/shocks, front and rear mounts, springs and hardware and it will run total of about $800.
What are you including in that price? Springs are $250 everywhere, cheap shocks are $300, Strut mounts are $100. I wouldn't bother with the rear mounts unless your car is super old. I just did my 2009s and they were fine and the rears aren't responsible for locating the suspension like the front.

Quote:
If I go down the Koni or Bilstein B8 route the price goes up to about $1200 and I'm making the shocks a lot stiffer and ride harsher.
A set of good struts will not add $400. You're doing some crazy cost justification math.
Good shocks only make cars ride better. 1) proper valving properly dampens spring movements 2) good shocks better isolate handling inputs from bumps inputs 3) good shocks have better "blow off" mechanisms making the car handle bumps better (they soften up when you hit a bump). 4) Good shocks handle heat better (shocks convert movement into heat). 5) Proper shocks have the correct rod length for your shorter springs (B4s are too long, you'll likely hit the bump stop too often).

Here - spring shock kits for $825. Throw in some strut mounts or camber plates and you're all set.
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-22...FZCIaQodxPUGpQ

Quote:
If I could find used set of sport springs for E91 I wouldn't even be asking this question. It would be putting B4 shocks plus sport springs since I'm ok with the Sport Suspension for daily driver.
Are you just looking for E91? E90 and E91 have the exact same suspension/parts.
Appreciate 0