View Single Post
      02-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #311
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Well I haven't updated the build thread in a while!

The car is going great, it still surprises me at times how much power & torque it has with so few simple mods (procede, ams fmic & AR DP's)

I have a few small updates and still a few parts to install.

1. BMW PE arrived a while ago, but then I decided to sell that to another member who was chasing one and have decided to man up and go with a straight pipe setup (ala 1M meisterschaft type setup)

A mate of mine is a fabricator and I'm hoping to get him to bend the pipes up and weld the eisenmann tips on that I have purchased if I can get him away from his HQ monaro he is building.

2. BMW 335is/ european spec m stainless pedals

The accelerator pedal bolts straight in, brake and clutch are too big (LHD must have larger pedals?) so I will have to use some adhesive to fit them up

3. AFE DCI intake & BMS OCC will hopefully be installed this weekend if I get the time! Looking forward to what my car puts out on the dyno at the advan dyno day http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797832

4. Repco had castrol 5W30 on for $49 for 5L last weekend, so I picked up 10L as this oil is BMW LL01 approved and I have always used it in most of my cars. my car had a full fluid change around 5000 kays and I have been tuned for about half that period so I will do the change shortly and install a fumoto drain valve (F109N is the model number) with nipple which makes oil changes fuss and mess free purchased from www.oilvalve.com.au

5. I was looking into getting my window trims vinyl wrapped (the bmw shadowline trim was around $960- I couldnt swallow that for a trim set) and was going to buy some 3m 3" vinyl tape and DIY, but decided to see a mate to spray them for me. He said its important to get a good prepcoat on and then he can spray them gloss black. So hopefully within the next week or so he can free up some time to work on my car and have the trims painted. I feel a s though this will be a better option, as eventually the vinyl will bubble fade or peel whereas the paint should be a lot more durable.

And now I'm getting ready to get the suspension sorted...

I have a set of eibach sway bars ready, unsure of if I'm going for just a simple springs and damper combo (eibach and bilstein b8's or even h&r sport springs and koni sports) or an entry level coilover such as the bilstein B14 kw V1's or man up and buy the bilstein B16's...

They way I look at it is i'm happy with the drop provided by some lowered springs, i have had fully adjustable coilovers before with electronic damper adjustment and i really didnt use all of the capabilities of the coilover why not save some $ go with some shocks and springs and use the $ saved to buy some m3 rear subframe bushes and megan toe arms and get my wavetrac installed...

Ahh well food for thought at least!

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 02-28-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0