View Single Post
      01-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #100
DWR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuikku View Post
Yes, yu are right, I donīt understand first, sorry.

I have tried more lift + intake open earlier and shut down later + exhaust open earlier and shut down later. It was quite a long time ago, I donīt remember degrees or anything any more and the paper is certainly lost.
No benefit anyway.

Porting head gives more flow.
MB head flows a bit better as stock as BMW one lightly ported (+10%)
Knowing where you wish the torque to peak, I agree. These engines will rev higher, safely. So, the peak torque could be moved, if higher HP with lower torque was desired. So far,no one has followed Alpina's lead in the tuning community. Some of this has to do with experience, some has to do with technical reasons.

Also, agree the head flow could be better, and in fact it was in the earlier engines. Valves sizes have been reduced for various reasons, but mostly to keep good mixing at low loads/revs and to avoid variable valve actuation (and turbos can compensate for these deficiencies). And again, it is a cost benefit analysis, where these things make a much bigger difference in a gas engine than a diesel.

Complements to you. I'm getting a picture of someone who is very thorough and persistant. Those are admirable qualities.

Last edited by DWR; 01-13-2016 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0