View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 10:34 AM   #176
Pep423
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d M-Sport

Communication was one of the points I expressed concern about to the shop owner. The person I was primarily communicating with I felt could have done a better job of proactively communicating the progress. On at least 2 instances I did not receive an update by the end of the week like I was told.

As for the waiting on the bearing, it was in fact stuck in US customs for over a week. The shop orders through a local BMW dealer. I took initiative to follow up with FedEx with regards to customs clearance. I'm fairly confident FedEx dropped the ball.

However, still my biggest grip is the fact that I took the car into the shop for a bearing issue and was told bearings look good but timing chain needs replaced. Granted the shop replaced the bearing without additional charge but it was done so with the motor still in the car.

Had the bearing been diagnosed in the first place, I would have gone a different route with the car.

With that being said, the car is running fine and if it's still good for another couple of years and 30k miles or so then i would be very happy with the results.
Appreciate 0