View Single Post
      06-27-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
kaiser
Driving a 5-series and loving it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d

I don't have Bluetooth audio but...

Today I discovered an interesting feature on my car which confuses me slightly...

This morning my 5 year old was playing with my iPhone in the car on the way to school. All of a sudden my iDrive screen changes to say it is making a call. I assume Zack has inadvertently placed a call on my phone. When we arrive at school I discover that he had not made any calls but had instead been playing with the voice memo app on the phone. When I take a closer look I see a Bluetooth icon at the top left of the screen, when you tap it a list of devices show up including my car, when the car is selected the audio will play through the car's sound system (the screen shows it as a call).

The part of this I find confusing is that I do not have Bluetooth audio on my car, I cannot play music from my phone without the use of an auxiliary cable and yet I can play audio recorded in the voice memo app. Why can I play voice recordings and not music? This makes no sense to me at all, what is the point of playing voice memos through the car?

Kai
Appreciate 0