Drives: E92 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
too my knowledge besides the Nav the CIC is an alternate way to access
the Service Recalls and get Error messages. However these are also displayed
in the Instrument Cluster.
The Aux does seem to be a bottleneck for fidelity and the stock stereo systems
are not really great either.
Does the regular radio in an e90 without Navigation have display information for these things on it's LCD? If getting rid of the CIC module just brings me back to standard e90 functionality, I'm fine with that.

Quote:
Devices like the Denison 500 avoid the Aux and there are cheap cloan
copys of it now like this.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1499808
So I actually ran into this post but I couldn't seem to get anywhere with it. The eBay links were all dead, and the posts didn't have a ton of description in it to help me find alternative alternative solutions.

Quote:
MR12 volt power makes this device.
I thing they are making something that use's wi fi now to.

I think there new Car Play android auto uses Wi Fi.

https://www.mr12volt.com/collections/bmw
I'll reach out to the company, however I already suspect from the descriptions that this won't do what I want. No screen replacement means no touch option. Also seems to be Apple oriented with Apple lossless stuff (I'm not into Apple equipment), and I'm also wondering which version of bluetooth they support. I need more research here, but I'm still feeling this is not a good full solution.

The project I'm considering is some hardware replacement that would ideally be upgradeable. If I can incorporate the canbus(es) properly, I should be able to grab stuff like the knobby controller and it's buttons, various car metrics, etc.

I don't know what I'm doing yet, many of my ideas are pie-in-the-sky... Just trying to wrap my head around my options.

I appreciate the pointers, though. Thank you :-)
Appreciate 0