03-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #1750
mjd335
Matt the DeP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

Question fine scratches on headlights

Hey George,
First off this is a great thread. I have an 07 BMW E90 and my headlights were involved in an accidental drop of a spray paint can while cleaning my garage and the can got punctured and sprayed all over the front of my car and other stuff. The only thing I had on hand was goof-off to clean off the green spay paint and they were left with a hazed/pitted/scratched, they weren't in the best of shape before the incident. The H.L's were the only area of my car that I couldn't get "repaired". So anyway I used Meguiar's H.L. restore kit, turtle wax H.L. restore kit, and then I found a company that has a professional kit (Dvelop), and still fine scratches are still there. Oh yea then I got the mother's red buff ball for the drill, I forget the exact name but used that with the polish that came with the Dvelop kit and scratchX (I think Mag's). What could be my next step. I used wet-sand paper grit 400, 1000, 2000, 2500, and 3000. Dvelop included only 400, 1000, and 2000, when that didn't work I used 2500, and 3000. I've restored H.L's on a few cars/trucks and came out great, but the BMW is really aggravating me. Should I go with M105 and/or M205? and what pads do you suggest? I figured I'll give you the whole story so you know where I'm at, so I apologize for this long question. I guess I would say that I'm not very knowledgeable about buffing and polishing plastic or painted surfaces except for the previous headlights I mentioned earlier. I tried inserting images but they were too big or something, if photos would you help me maybe there is another way for me to get you photos? Please save me.
Appreciate 0