View Single Post
      05-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #139
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
Jeez, David!! This thread is priceless - really. It will be another 3 months before I get my new 335i, but I have a '99 328i that can use your special recipe, as well as a '95 VW Passat I'm about to sell. I'll have the interior detailed at a local car wash, but I'll follow your twice-yearly detail plan for the exterior. Thank you so much for taking your obvious significant time on this subject. The effort you put in to this really shows.

One Q, I understand your suggested routine maintenance, but what do you recommend for the first time detail for a brand new light colored car off the lot? I plan on keeping it long-term (10-15 years). And I'll make sure to tell my salesman I do NOT want them to wash my car upon delivery. Are you serious about washing and using ZAIO before driving it home?

Cheers and many many thanks,
Ron
Hi Ron;

Thanks for the kind words.

For your situation, for a new car, I would wash, clay, ZAIO, and Z2Pro. You can do this once a year (or twice if you want). You can throw on a coat of Z2Pro after 6 months if not redoing the big detail, and some Z8 after every 1-2 months.

You don't have to detail it before driving it off the lot. You can take the car home and detail it soon after.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0