View Single Post
      05-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #22
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by msultani View Post
George, did as you asked for inpa. I'm not sure how but my cable settings got changed & latency timer was set to 16 instead of 1. After fixing it I got modules to show up but only while ignition was turned on. I have attached the 2 things you asked for. Thank you
Sorry I missed your post and didn't reply sooner. Looks like INPA is reading ALL the Modules now (27 total ;-) Probably changing COM Port settings makes ISTA run better (correctly ;-) now as well where you should have fewer/no "Red" modules (not connecting). I realize that your initial concern was Comfort Access, but you have quite a few codes in the DME which are hopefully NOT currently present, but should be checked out. Most concerning is "Misfire" on cylinders 1,2,4,5, with injector cutout. If you don't know the history of those, connecting to the DME and Selecting F4 > F3, Fault Memory with Freeze Frame Data, will allow you to see mileage at which each code was saved, whether fault is currently present, etc.

So the good news is you appear to have a fully-functional INPA, which can diagnose issues as well or better than most anything else, AS LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT.

I do NOT know anything about Comfort Access except what I see in TIS & Bentley. What I would need to see is the 2nd & 3rd screen of Functional Jobs Fault Codes in ALL Modules. The screen you posted two days ago ONLY shows faults in #12 DME, and the Last Module shown is #29 DSC. We need to know what other modules AFTER DSC have Faults, particularly #40 CAS, but ANY others > #29 DSC.

ANYONE know if the CA Module has its own Fault Memory, and if so, what Module it is in the 2nd list of all 27 Modules in the vehicle?

If you will just post Functional Jobs F4 > F1, screens AFTER #29 DSC, we can hopefully make some progress quickly on this.

If you want to try your hand at connecting to the CAS Module while you're getting those Functional Jobs screens, here is how to do it (and read Fault Codes & FF Data saved in CAS Memory):

1) Open Paint so you can copy screens from INPA to SaveAs jpg files;
2) Select E90-E93 and in Script Selection Box, Tab down to Body/Karosserie in Left ListBox;
3) Tab to Right Listbox, scroll down to "Car Access System" and select;
4) CAS Main Menu appears; select F4, Fault Memory, and then F1, Read Fault Memory;
5) Save ALL Fault Memory Screens and post here.

George
Appreciate 0