View Single Post
      04-07-2016, 07:29 PM   #78
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymarky
hey bish bosh, still confused by drl/AE notions.

I have on 06 with factory fitted pre lci xenons. Upgraded angel eye bulbs to super bright, although they are no where near like modern cars drl brightness. I want better brightness on the halos during the daytime. At present I have to turn the light switch to position one to get the look i want, but as i say they are not super bright and thick.

IF i put in a frm2.xe will that give me the brighter halos for daytime running? And turn on with unlock of the key? I can code.
What then happens with light switch positions?

I see there is an option in the BC stalk for drl but when i activate that it puts the coronas on too if memory serves so i deactivated it and went back to manually turning the light switch to position 1.
You can try upping the voltage via ncsexpert nettodat coding with some top spec LED bulbs.

LUX Angel eye bulbs are the brightest money can buy for e series. Or slightly cheaper are MTEC 20w bulbs. You can get good results but to get something like the F series you need to send the whole light unit off to OSS to change the actually rings.
Appreciate 0