02-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #36
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPuehl View Post
Last night I tested table 1 and 5 which I set all values to 255 and my exhaust flap operated as normal, opened at about 650 rpm after cold start. Later in the evening I realized I tested with my DCT in manual mode and those maps may not apply to manual mode. This morning I set all values to all 8 tables to 255 and drove with the trans in sport mode and the flap still opened as normal. It seems these tables don't have an affect on my car. I'll still test each table being set to 255 and see what happens.
It could be that these values need modification on your bin... Like i said before, it's a lot harder to find singular values (with no axes) because it's all pattern recognition.

These values control the operational behavior of the flap and the "min speed to control with pedal" which, in my case, allows me to keep the flap closed until a certain speed (and also part of the "additional logic" I've been talking about, as this opens the flap under load).

EDIT - it may also be possible that this logic is "inverted" for E series. That could be why you're describing the opposite behavior than I am experiencing in my own testing... that would be odd.
Appreciate 0