05-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #19
msultani
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msultani View Post
...I don't really know where the diversity antenna is located. I'm thinking its either that or the CA module. Ista/inpa pics attached.
1) Module locations on E93, as copied from Post #2 above :

Installation Location of Comfort Access Control Module (A215):
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...i-cab/HOtUza7g

Installation Location of Aerial Diversity Module, A421:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e93-335i-cab/RaC3fJu

2) ISTA: I have never used ISTA so can't give suggestion as to next steps on that, or whether it appears to be working properly.

3) INPA: as ctuna suggests, you have ~ 20 modules in your 2009 335i E93, but only THREE (3) are showing on the screen you copied from Functional Jobs > F2, Identification. There is either something wrong with your INPA installation on your cable setup.

Have you set USB Serial Port Settings to COM1 & Latency 1? If not post back, indicate the cable brand (e.g. BimmerGeeks) & ask for help. Also, make sure the slide switch on the cable is in the "Far-Right" position a~ 20 s viewed with pins pointing to 12 o'clock and brand label facing you (if BimmerGeeks). Another trick to try to get MORE of the modules to show up in F2, Identification is to continue to press F2 every few seconds to essentially "reload" that screen, until more/all modules appear.

Since I don't have CA, I'm NOT sure if there is a separate Module for that or NOT. Perhaps someone with both CA & INPA can answer that question and indicate what ADR number it has, so you know where to look for Faults saved. It may all be in CAS, but if there is a separate Module for Comfort Access, then you should check that as well.

So if you want to try to get INPA to work, I'm able to help there, otherwise someone else will have to help on ISTA. Just to get started in INPA, you need to connect to "Functional Jobs" which you appear to ALREADY know how to do since you attached the F2, Identification screen, and you know how to save a screen and attach it to your post here, so we're getting close. Suggested next steps for INPA diagnosis:

1) Connect your Cable to the USB port of your laptop (NOT the OBD II Socket of vehicle, JUST computer);
2) Open Control Panel, Select Device Manager, Ports (COM & LPT);
3) Double-click USB Serial Port & select Port Settings Tab;
4) Click "Advanced" box & set (a) Com Port# = COM1 & (b) Latency Timer (msec) = 1; Close Control Panel

5) Connect cable to OBD II Socket & with Ignition on, engine OFF, in INPA, Select Functional Jobs > F2, Identification, and see how many modules show up; if NOT ~ 20 different lines with module ADR in first column and Module Name in 2nd column (like your screen you posted, just MORE lines/ modules), press F2 about every 5 seconds 3 or 4 times and see if you get more. Press Shft+PrtSc each time you get more than 3, and save/post that screen when you get ~ 20.

6) Select Functional Jobs > F4, Fault Memory, All Modules, PrintScreen, SaveAs jpg file & post here.

THEN we can help with next steps which will basically involve connecting to CAS or other modules with fault(s) related to CA, and see what clues are hidden in Fault Memory.

George
George, did as you asked for inpa. I'm not sure how but my cable settings got changed & latency timer was set to 16 instead of 1. After fixing it I got modules to show up but only while ignition was turned on. I have attached the 2 things you asked for. Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0