View Single Post
      02-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #206
TheHire99
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

To be honest, my first three cars were "fixer uppers" that I paid $0.00 to get them and then invested some time and money to get them to showroom quality

First was an 89' BMW 325i convertible that I restored.

The finished product looked like this:

I was 14 at the time when I did the restoration along with my father. We got the car across the street from a junkyard that didn't want the car. We ended up selling the car afterwards though which made me really upset. My mother was concerned about my safety since it was my first car and it had no airbags or roof for that matter

So I moved onto a 99' Honda Civic DX. It had old fashioned roll up windows, a radio without even a tape deck, manual transmission (which i liked), and no power steering lol. This car was abandoned at my father's shop due to the owner not being able to make the payments for repairs. So the car only cost me the 50 dollars to apply for an Oklahoma title lol.

After that I moved on to finally get some power in my hands. A Penn State professor stopped into the shop to have his 2000 Audi S4 repaired after a thief tried to steal the car. A bunch of trim panels were missing, the doors were damaged from a screw driver being shoved into the door jams to get into the car, and the front bumper got damaged when the thief tried to flee with the car. Two positives came out of this. My father explained that the repairs would cost a decent deal of money and convinced the owner to give up the title to the car in exchange for the repairs, so I had another "free" car. Another positive was that the thief left all his tools in the car when he was apprehended. As a result, we got around 6k-7k worth of tools . Here are a few before and after photos.

Sorry but I never got an opportunity to take good pictures of the car after repairs. These are the only photos I have left:

So after those three experiences. I had to purchase my first car. Back in 2011 on my 21st birthday I figured I would treat myself to something I have always wanted. I loved the 135i since its release and was hoping to have one at one point or another in my life. Prices finally had gotten reasonable for a used one and I picked up an 09' Msport 135i in LeMans Blue for just 26k

(Currently I'm at work and I don't have the photos of my car on here at the moment. I will post later)
Appreciate 0