BMW Über Alles
Germany
Rep
Drives: E93 Vert'

Garage List
2010 E93  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbnole View Post
I am looking at a 2011 335i m-sport, and the dealer (BMW) has it listed as a used (not certified) car, with only 33K miles. I told them I want to certified and asked why it was not. they said they don't certify many of teir cars to keep the price point down. I searched their site and they have a lot of low mileage 2011 BMWs that are not certified so this seems legit.

here's the odd part, when I asked how much to get it as a CPO, the price went up $5500. and the salesman didn't even know if it needed new tires. I figured maybe $2000-$2500 to certify it. any ideas why they would do that? it has a clean carfax.
Had the same issue last time I was out car hunting. It's a trick!!!! They want to hook you in the cars that are older and they need to sell faster and are already certified. That is why they want to charge you an arm and a leg to certify the 2011 with low miles. Sometimes straight out they tell you they can't certified because it's too "new". Anyway way you look at it. You will lose when buying a car at a dealership,especially if you finance, lease, BMW select(me). My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0