05-19-2015, 02:38 PM   #20
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post
Am I the only one failing to see a significant benefit to this? 2C at WOT is not much of a difference at all. This could probably be achieved with better fans. You are still right on the edge of thermal throttling. It does not appear that the radiator is the weak link (assuming this radiator can shed more BTUs than stock).
Fan won't help anything once your car starts moving at speed faster than 30mph... I hope you realized that.

Highway WOT pull is not a good indicator of effectiveness of an radiator, as there are just too many variables... Honestly, there is no good way to test it aside from strapping the car down at the temperature controlled dyno room and do a half of dozen multigear WOT pull there. Then compare the temperature data between the stock and CSF unit. A blog did a similar test recently in a comparison test against a CSF unit, which is how I know about this company in the first place.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...-vs-Masiv.aspx

All I know that my coolant temperature stays below 100C at the track (road course, 20 min session) last month, with ambient temp around 10C. But I also have the PPK/335is auxiliary radiator and Dinan oil cooler as well.
Appreciate 0