View Single Post
      03-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #7
rsmallwo
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i

The car is running a remap and since the remap It's not had a gearbox overheat issue or the hesitation issue until the past several months.

Before these issues started I have has the oil sump pan replaced twice on the DCT, first time was to maintain it and the 2nd time was because it was leaking. The gearbox has been completely out the car and the megatronics seal, shaft seal and electronics connector seal have all been done. They all got done after i start noticing the hesitation issue (thought doing this might help in some way) However, I only got over temp issues after this work had been carried out

I've tried to research if the e92 m3 dct would fit in my car as they have the same generic code for the box of GS7D36SG. But It seems the M car box is not quite the same size overall. They have different official BMW part codes aswell. Shame really as i can't seem to find a donor box for my car but there are quite alot of M car boxes knocking about.

It's been looked at by my independent bmw garage on 27th but they've already applied a software update to the car and said "don't think the hesitation issue is fixable" hence me looking at replacing the box

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey33 View Post
Is the car modified? and what mode were you in when the errors came on?

I had a DCT overheat warning once. The car went into limp mode and said DCT overheated. Im pretty sure it was because I wasn't treating it correctly, I was driving in D. Back then I was running just a MHD stage 2 generic map

I had the gearbox oil topped up, and the pan/screws and that replaced, ive no idea whats involved AP auto in Telford did the work.

Since then not a single issue. Ive got auto kickdown disabled in MHD and I treat the box like a manual. Also the car had a proper custom remap from BQ tuning who is regarded as one of the best with the N54 and DCT. Mines running 385BHP at the wheels and 420lbs/ft.

I have heard these aren't great on trackdays with continuous abuse.
Appreciate 0