View Single Post
      05-12-2020, 01:27 AM   #1
robabruton
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i, '10 E92 335i

Garage List
Post Rearview Mirror Clip Locations

I searched for quite some time in many different places for a diagram showing how the rearview mirror is held together. I still have not been able to find a picture or diagram, so I figured I'd add a couple pictures and maybe somebody will find them useful.

When taking the mirror apart, I used a small flathead screwdriver. The screwdriver did ever-so-slightly mar the plastic, but not in a way that is noticeable unless you're under the mirror looking for it. I might post some pics of the damage later, but seriously it's tiny. I imagine using tape might have prevented or reduced the marring, but I recommend using a plastic trim tool if you have one - I've been meaning to buy one but didn't have it on hand when I was trying to open the mirror. After getting the screwdriver in the gap, i used a medium-thickness, stiff guitar pick and slid the pick around the mirror to separate the housing. No clips broke during this process. It took me a little while as I was trying to be gentle (at least at first, haha). Anyways, here's the pictures!

FYI, there are three clips along the top and four along the bottom with one clip in each of the four corners.

Here's the mirror bezel. Red circles are pointing out the clip locations.

Here's the mirror body. Red circles point out the top three clips (sorry it's not a great picture).
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352340.50