ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnj View Post
There are differences in 335s. Not much. So I can live with a generic map. There is even more variation in exhausts. Add up variation in cars, exhausts and their combinations and you realise one map must be a compromise. If you are not after the best performance & safety you can accept being compromised. Add a custom made intercooler... And so on...Got the point? Not to mention that a few people would have custom stage1 map already. Shiv is coming up with stg1 map next week though.
Some enthusiasts prefer individual excellent custom products. Some not so interested in cars can live happily with off-the-shelf solutions.
Well if you know what you're doing then go for it. But those that don't who attempt that kind of work, well we'll hear it on the forum I guess. I'm in no need of the ability to create custom maps for the simple reason that I never got the car to go to an underground/street race. Shiv, has already put out maps for stock and w/exhaust so whenever an intercoolor or anything else come out, I'm sure he'll make one for that too. Everyone has their reason though.