View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 08:34 AM   #167
Spyro235
Captain
Rep
Drives: '10 X5D, '04 330i ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
To drive this point home about the mechanics. I know in PA and I will assume NJ is the same, Mechanics are licensed and insured. If the do not repair a car correctly they are liable for any damage to the car or person if the car fails and repair is found to be the cause of the accident.

I do most all my work on my cars so I take responsibility of my work, however, I would never want anyone working on my cars who cuts corners or does not question someone telling them to do work which could put someone life at risk. As shop owner you probably would not want them working for you since they could put your business at risk as well.
I do kind of agree with taking responsibility- and when I interacted directly withe the mechanics, they seemed perfectly good at their job. Not taking responsibility for their work is a major turn off, though. I never even got their names but the bigger fella seemed to know his stuff about transmissions- I've had a few conversations about mine with him to try to diagnose stuff.

Still, it kind of wigs me out. I'll stop by at some point to see what's up, but it's a big hesitation to have things worked on by matt's old guys after what's happened.

Jeffery, are there any ties at all to matt/ his old business? Is he getting a percentage? In the spoolie thread, it says you received the business as part of a deal with Matt- he mustve owed you some big bucks if all the tools, lifts, employees, and stuff went with the deal.
Lshaw250.50