View Single Post
      02-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #77
yhasan
Canada
Rep
Drives: '06 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by borinous View Post
Just to clarify before i pull the trigger on one of these. Are they completely Plug and Play. with all audio bongs functioning afterwards. I have rear PDC and i have read that when installing other aftermarket HU they have had to either use and expensive harness to retain the parking sensor bongs or they have had to re-locate their oem HU into the boot.

Also on a side note has anyone got the new android version?
I bought the android version and got it delivered to me this week. In process of installing it now. It's only plug n play if you have a non logic7 audio package and by extension, no fiber optic solution.

I personally have a hifi package, which powered up and I was able to use the steering wheel controls, but I don't have pdc so can't comment on that.

Whats killing me is the android version didn't come with a manual. So I'm struggling with getting any sound from my speakers, I narrowed it down to either the amp is not being powered up or the harness is meant for an after market amp with rca inputs.

For users on this post who have the d5165 version can you please tell me or share a pic of how your 40 pin harness looks like. Below is a pic of what my harness looks like vs what the one they show on the site. Does anybodys have these rca plugs coming out like me or none like the pic from the website? Please let me know asap as this could be why I'm getting no sound.

40-pin harness comparison pic:
Appreciate 0