View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #7
Rollo`
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrydr310 View Post
I installed the Pagid rotors and PQ PRO pads, and so far so good. Upon removal of the old pads, I learned that I had Textar pads so that explains the excellent feel and the insane amount of dust. I'm not sure what rotor was installed but I'm assuming it was either OEM or Zimmermann as it was just marked with numbers and "MADE IN GERMANY."

I was impressed with the quality and packaging of the Pagid rotors, they're shipped upside down with the rotor surface up top and the hat on the bottom of the box, with plenty of cardboard packaging so they don't get banged up. I've never seen a rotor packed this well. They also included a new hex screw to secure the rotor to the hub.

The PQPRO pads look to be high quality, however I'm a bit curious about them. I know they're marketed as the premium Centric product, but they don't mention the material (ceramic vs metallic) anywhere and the only details I could find online are just their own internally generated marketing fluff, such as the "exclusive Mu500 Coating" and "Opti-Check Early Warning System," neither of which have any further explanation. They seem to work very well so far and have a great feel. They don't have that same feel of initial bite that the old Textar pads had which everyone loves, but it's not a scary or unpredictable feeling, it's just slightly different and easy to adjust to.

The only downside is that I'm getting a very slight occasional squaling from the passenger side, but that's due to installation error. This was the first side I replaced and I didn't use as much brake grease on the back of the pads as I used on the drivers side, so I'll be opening it back up. I think instead of grease I might just use anti-squeal compound this time.
So you are using the new red Centric PQ Pro pads? How has the dust been so far? I am very interested in trying these.
Appreciate 0