United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4trix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Labor rate in Bay Area is around $160-170/hr based on the quotes I received from couple shops. With 20hr labor, this would become a $4K job. Yes, it might be worth it for the piece of mind but it's still twice as much of what was originally stated by VTT.
It appears both Gintani and MaxPSI solutions will set you back at least $4K when it's all said and done. When I first heard news of the VTT solution and that it would cost half the price out of the door, I was pretty excited. Like I mentioned in my previous posts, I was a hesitant to believe though it would only require 6 to 8 hours for install. I couldn't understand why the solutions that required drilling would add that much more labor.
I assume Gintani and MaxPSI solutions require more labor so they would probably cost even more. With these crazy labor rates here in Bay Area, I was planning to take my car to a shop in SoCal for the install if it was indeed 6-8hours. 20hours of labor means the car needs to be in the shop for at least 3days if everything goes as expected, which is not convenient for me. I'm glad that more solutions are coming to the market but not gonna lie, a bit disappointed with the 20hour install time.
Appreciate 1
tempted125.50