View Single Post
      06-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #159
328AL
Lieutenant
Belarus
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 Loaded

Please correct me if I’m wrong that for E90 LCI halogen only models, it seems like outside of OSS, all other manufactures/options including OEM are very similar and mostly a matter of personal taste: color hues (temperature in K) and how they look from a very close range. The pictures, unfortunately, don’t really show the performance.

What I’d like to know if there are any significant difference in performance and reliability. For instance, power (W), Light Power (lm), light intensity (W/m2), or coverage area, i.e. specs that can be used to compare the products. As well as any common problems that should be reflected on reliability.

I know I’m asking for a lot of info, but specs are very important for me. Do I get a much better light output if I spend $150-$300 to replace the OEM, or it could be even less light just whiter colors?

Again, I’m only asking about E90 LCI halogen only models; sorry, I just get confused when all E9x models and light options (Halogen, LEDs and Xeons get mixed together).

If it was done before, please post a link.
Thank you!

Last edited by 328AL; 06-13-2010 at 11:32 PM..
Appreciate 0