01-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #163
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
No need to remove subframe for inlet, outlet or turbo install.

Tools needed for diy inlet/outlet.

Some sort of jack or ramps

13mm socket & ratchet to remove vacuum canisters

8mm socket or torx bit for boost solenoids removal and install

Security bit set to undo parts of old inlet( small torx bolts x about 5)

Hacksaw blade with handle

Flat head screw driver.

That's about it.

Get it tuned after don't run ots maps!!!!!!

Install would probably cost $1000 is my guess
This is a good start. Appreciate that sir. If someone has the time and could do a well documented DIY thread (with pictures) for the install, including the how to on using the provided large zip ties (to secure the hose in place around the steering shaft); we would love to work with you (before posting) and give a cash rebate $100 USD rebate for your efforts. If someone wants to do this shoot me an email.

There are a lot of these out there now and I assume the installs are going well as we have not heard anything yet (and what we have heard is good), but it still would be really nice to have something to reference customers to and especially for RHD where it is a bit more complicated due to the steering shaft.

I am also interested to hear how our RHD specific heat shield fits- as we designed it around a picture and not a RHD car fitment check (a RHD N54 car in the USA is akin a Unicorn).

We worked hard on these things and we hope they provide a good solution to what has been a very long problem, especially for the RHD crew.

Our stock is almost out now and we will be placing another order shortly for inventory.

Thanks,
Rob
Appreciate 0