View Single Post
      10-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #15
geminiviper
Rep
Drives: E46

Software errors

I'm having issues with the software. I downloaded the software from your site and have installed it following the instructions. INPA will run just fine. I bought a cable off the net that seems to connect. When I run INPA it shows the battery is connected and the ignition is switch to ON when it is on (see fourth image), and shows it is OFF when I switch the ignition to off. The purpose of using INPA is to pull error codes and I also need to program my new-to-me ASC ABS pump and control unit. I am getting errors when I try to access any of the options. See images for the errors. Brief description of what I was doing when I got the errors below.

The car: 2000 BMW 325i (UK SPEC, same as 2001 BMW 325i in the US)
Manual transmission, currently running the older ASC ABS pump controller.

The problem (if it matters for issues with the software that I am having)
The problem is that the ABS light and traction control light are lit on the dashboard. The computer is telling me the front left wheel speed sensor is bad. I have put the sensor on the front right and the computer still said front left speed sensor out. I had a shop look at it, they said they tested everything in the ABS system from the wheels to the control unit and have decided it is the control unit. I don't want to pay the £200 to get it fixed. I have a replacement that came out of a car nearly identical to mine with fully functioning ABS.

First Image:
When I select E46 F2>CHASSIS>ASC/DSC>ASC I get the following errors:

Second & Third Image:
When I attempt to go to ENGINE and select the option for the M54, the engine I have, I get these in succession.

Fourth Image:
Here's the main page when I load it up with the cable connected.

Sorry the images are huge, I didn't have time to size them down.

Any help with this would be awesome. I don't really want to pay to have this done when I can do it myself. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0