03-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #184
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
2000 Honda Accord 5 speed, learned how to drive stick in this thing. I will have owned her for a decade next summer, she's at 160k miles now and I've been looking around for a replacement recently but she still has so much life left. Best $3100 I've ever spent.

All the N54 problems & worries go away when you have a second vehicle and can do most of the wrenching yourself.

Edit: One of the cars I'm considering is the X1 35i, anyone have any experience here? I need to bring my 335is in for a recall so I'm hoping they have a X1 35i loaner I could try for the day.
I've always said when people ask me if owning a BMW is expensive. My reply is "Yes, because you need a second car for all the times when the BMW is in the shop."
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
arkie6397.00