View Single Post
      03-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #198
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Show off your extra beater car | here's mine....

Share your extra beater if you have one too.

Mine is a 2002 Mazda Protégé powered by a robust 2.0, normally aspirated 4 cyclinder producing a crazy strong 130HP. While the car is mechanically perfect it does have a few cosmetic flaws – two interior door handles have fallen off, the center stack (radio etc has gone out, it works but you can't tell what station you are on) the front passenger window is presently taped so as to not fall back down into the door, paint is peeling off and it has a dents and dings that have gone unrepaired.

I inherited the car from my Aunt a couple years back and it is a great grocery getter (doesn't matter where you park you don't even have to lock it), dog hauler, wheel, tire and parts fetcher and is the perfect car to teach a teen to drive in without fear of them damaging wheels, bumpers or fenders. I drive it about once a week locally around Huntington Beach it's the perfect incognito mobile no one pays any attention to you however merging into traffic has to be planned well in advance and regularly getting cut off is just par for the course.

We have affectionately named it the Mazdaratti (RoadKill) and I am very tempted to put an M badge on it.

So there's mine – share yours
Attached Images

Last edited by chenry; 03-15-2019 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 4
cfm56d7b5876.00
arkie6397.00
b92539.50
Nkc1600.50