View Single Post
      03-14-2008, 06:29 AM   #6
kevf
Rep
Drives: E39 528i,E90 335xi, 997 2s Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimajer View Post
He gave me some quotes that were close to dealership prices.

RMP or Bimmersports all the way.
Just a note on my experience. I've been taking my two bimmers (E39 528i and E46 323i) to Autotrends for the last 5 years or so. I do not expect them to be significantly cheaper than the dealer on individual jobs. Think about it. I want them to use BMW OEM parts. They employ licensed mechanics so its not like they can charge nothing for labour. You cannot expect to save large on each repair (and if you did from your shop, you probably should be asking why).

But what Autotrend is VERY good at is honest assessment and diagnostics. After the warranty was over on my cars, there has a few times where my BMW dealer tells me I need something repaired. I would take the car to Autotrend only to be told nothing was needed. I trust Autotrend's diagnostic on my car way more than the dealer's. And that's why I continue to use them, not because I'm trying to save a few bucks on each repair. They do not push unnecessary work.

I have not used RMP or Bimmersports so I can't comment on them. Perhaps they are also very honest.
Appreciate 0