05-18-2007, 06:33 AM   #15
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
I agree with you, the side view of the S5 looks like a RIP OFF of the 335 anyway and I personally cannot stand the big ugly gaping mouth that is so distinctive to most new Audis (that's what turns me right off). If you want driving dynamics in an Audi then it has to be an RS- then you pay through your teeth.

It's already a 6 month wait for a new E92 so by the time the M sport package becomes available from the factory Australians will be waiting a year or more from now for an E92 M sport.

Curious to know why? The E92 335 is a great car (I've done over 7500 kms already), you haven't even driven the S5 and expect to pay more for it? Is this a case of the grass being greener or a desire to be the first guy on the block with one?

By the way no one has mentioned the severe depreciation which Audi vehicles (somewhat unjustly) are saddled with (no one wants a second hand Audi). I know that was a consideration when I was looking for a new car.

I'd reserve judgement till I drove it at least. As for the grill ... each to their own as I personally don't mind it.

Depreciation has been an issue with Audi in the past but I think this is somewhat changing. Audi's market perception is changing for the better. I have a customer with the RS4 wagon and he purchased an RS6 for his wife about 6 months ago trading in her M3 convertable. I've been told he also has an order in for an R8. This guy was a die hard BMW "M" man and now has badly gone off them. His view is that the quality in the Audi is much better than BMW. I can't argue as I have never owned an Audi and again everyone will have their own perception.
Appreciate 0