View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

For starters, I'd recommend going OE/OEM for all gaskets and seals.

I don't think you need the OFHG bolts, original are reusable. Also not sure what those 2 bushing looking pieces are in the picture. You'll want to add the 2 o-rings for the oil cooler lines that bolt to the bottom of the OCG portion of the OFHG. There's a coolant hose directly behind the front bottom bolt of the OFHG - makes the OFHG job much easier if removed, but that flange is almost guaranteed to crumble upon removal. There's an aftermarket aluminum replacement that is highly recommended.

Edit: Just saw you already have the aluminum coolant hose flange in your cart.

As for the valve cover, that does not look like the right one(at least the photo is wrong). These are also known for developing hair line cracks that are often difficult to see, but leak oil. Replacing the cover, with new gasket, both with OEM is recommended. The valve covers also function as part of the PCV system and the passages get gunked up, another reason to replace. Lastly, the bolts are aluminum and should be replaced. The OEM N54 valve cover KIT from FCP should include everything needed.

Not really sure what's going on with the intake/charge piping based on that report, but I don't think you need replacement turbo outlets.

Personally, if I was in need of tension/control arm bushings, I'd be looking at the TRW/M3 kit from FCP. Add a little extra camber and performance while replacing the bad components. Same with the shocks/struts, you may do some research and find the stock MSport suspension isn't all that great.

What's the gasket maker for?

Last edited by Emilime75; 07-16-2020 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0