View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Sorry to say, but after looking through the photos, that car looks pretty boogered up.

You may want to hold off on the shocks/struts and save that money towards your coilovers. A little seepage of oil, while obviously it shouldn't, is still fine, most likely. If the car feels fine while driving, I wouldn't spend the money twice.

As for the "charge pipe", and melting into the alt, that is sounding more like the front inlet into the front turbo. The inlet is what allows filtered air into the turbo intake, the charge pipe is compressed air after the intercooler and before the throttle body. It goes turbo outlets/intercooler inlet/intercooler outlet/charge pipe lower/charge pipe upper(what your blow off valve is attached to)/throttle body. It does have a rubbery plastic lower section that connects to the intercooler outlet. The photos look like that connection is screwy and needs attention, but as to what is making contact with the alternator...not sure from the photos and report.

Are you getting a CEL? Have you read codes? It looks like you should have a 30ff code based on that lower to upper chargepipe connection. Is it glued on?

With catless downpipes, the car should be tuned(hopefully). What time is on it? JB4, MHD, Cobb???

As for the gasket maker, that's debatable. Some on this forum swear by it, others don't. I'm of the latter.
Appreciate 0