01-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #10
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

I have fixed the error on x279.

-----

K_CAN is used by the car computer to manage the memory so you have to connect it if your seat has this option. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_area_network

Quote:
Controller–area network (CAN or CAN-bus) is a vehicle bus standard designed to allow microcontrollers and devices to communicate with each other within a vehicle without a host computer.
CAN is a message based protocol, designed specifically for automotive applications but now also used in other areas such as industrial automation and medical equipment.

Applications

[edit]Automotive
A modern automobile may have as many as 70 electronic control units (ECU) for various subsystems.[3] Typically the biggest processor is the engine control unit (also engine control module/ECM in automobiles); others are used for transmission, airbags, antilock braking, cruise control, audio systems, windows, doors, mirror adjustment, etc. Some of these form independent subsystems, but communications among others are essential. A subsystem may need to control actuators or receive feedback from sensors. The CAN standard was devised to fill this need.
So it need to be connected if you want to activate the memory function by programming.

My question is about the SHBF_PWN for the heating. I think that if your seat are powered with memory (K_CAN), you don't need it anymore. (It become a legacy)

But, as the heating seat retrofit is plugging this wire, I will not take any chance and I will do the same thing.

---------------

I have got my seat but I want to dye them before. I also want to be sure about what should I do. I gave all the information I found and your search is validating my assumption.

I still have 2 questions:
-Can we reused the power from pin #4 on pin #9? (I think the risk is if the seat is pulling more than 30A, the fuse will jump. Do you think like me that pin #4 is the power for the heating + adjustments motors? If yes, I would be surprised that we cannot add the side bolster + lumbar. Normally there are not working all at the same time.)

-There is a risk that x14271 pin#10 and #46 are already used by other options. If it's the case, I don't have a miniature connector so I plan to weld the wiring. Is it correct?

Last edited by woodpecka; 01-28-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Appreciate 0