07-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #249
iScream
solid @ 153, no, 155mph!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07/'09/'13 335, '16 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
I just got an update, and I did notice some of the things mentioned. Increased lag, louder at start (anybody else like this but me?), but the MPG is working it's way back up to what it was before. MPG is "truer" over time so if you were at something different...you might be driving different. I was at 23.1 before and now it's back up to 22.7 and I've only driven it maybe 200 miles since the upgrade and of course when you re-set the computer it's going to start out averaging from city driving.

I did notice that it got a little better with some time behind it.

But I really feel all the baby AT owners who complained about throttle response and kick down crap screwed those who had no issues at all...

Thanks bitches.
I religiously reset my MPG counter at every tank, and have driven 800-1000 miles since the "upgrade." Even on long trips I am nowhere near where I used to be. Maybe it's me compensating with my right foot, but either way I'm sure I'm still getting less MPG.

I didn't know that AT owners were the ones complaining about the rattle that spurred the 29.2 release. I'll take some phantom rattle ANY day over the Lag of Doom.
Appreciate 0