View Single Post
      12-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #11
FunkyProtein
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series 2008 220D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Ok, that package is for script activation. It's freely available...

This is not really a recommended method anymore. However there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

What USB are you using? Try using a 4gb one. Format in FAT32.

Also make sure that copie_scr.sh is in the root of the USB. Don't have it in any folder.

Also, you are putting it in the correct USB port? In glove box, not centre console?

Also, check script is like this:
Hi Sensible

Thanks for the advice. I had Nickco remote access my laptop last night while i was connected to the car. He did various checks and found FSC codes were fine but my CIC was indeen C09 which i beleive is very early CIC.

To be able to use the USB method, my CIC needs to be flashed to the latest version to enable this and for my Sat nav to become functional. I have found a supplier on ebay that will update my CIC to latest version and install latest maps for £100 and this I will go this route. Ill have to re-code the unit once back to put on my changes ive made but as long as I have the sat nav working, ill be happy!

Tested my vin on a decoder website and found that my CIC was fitted from factory with pro sat nav which explains the old version (car is registered in 2008).

So this leads me to think that how often do new firmware updates come out and is it worth staying up to date with the latest version? Or is CIC no longer updated as NBT is the latest idrive installment?

Thanks Again

Steve
Appreciate 0