United_States
Rep
Drives: 335d

Garage List
2009 335d US  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmusignac View Post
Thanks Mech...

I did the fuse tap to the HomeLink... Its weird because the HomeLink will instantly stop working but the radar is still on... It doesnt make any sense I know but I tripled checked everything!

I did notice it will shut off by the time I come back... But I havent been able to stay by the car long enough to see when it actually happens... Appreciate your comments...
My 09 e90 335d has two fuses for homelink. When I tried the first one with the tap with the tap, I could hear my alarm (I am installing a car alarm not a radar detector) click immediately, and the car was off, so I knew that was wrong. The second one I got no response from, so it should be the switched ignition wire (however the tap fit in very lightly so It could be a bad connection, I guess I will find out). Otherwise, if you have two fuses for your homelink like I do, use a DMM on the each until you find the one that has no power when the engine is off. I guess the homelink needs constant power and power when ignition is on, strange because it only works when ignition is on. But I cant think of any other reason for two fuses.

If your homelink is stopping working while the engine is on, maybe you have a bad tap -- it is sending the engine on signal down the RD line and not the homelink line.
Speakers: CDT Audio HD-42 comps--front doors (RAAMmat deadened), CDT ES-06 6.5" woofers--kickpanl Pods, Hertz EBX202R dual 8" ported trunk sub. Amps: Phoenix Gold RSd 500.4 (comps & pods). PG RSd 600.1 (sub). Power & Ground: 4AWG Streetwires w/RockFosgt RFDB1 distro blocks. Input: HU lineout--Kicker KISL RCA adapters--RockFosgt RFIT-6 cables--Audiocontrol Matrix--Monster cables--RSd 500.4--lineout Monstr Cabl to RSd 600.1.
Appreciate 0