09-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #447
Mech_Man
I'm feeling much better now, Dave
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (MontegoBlue/Bk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualbong View Post
Should be getting my 9500ix today so hopefully I'll have some time to hardwire it to my car this weekend. Looks pretty straight forward...I may just remove the A-Pillar so that it's easier to tuck the wires in.
I've run wires up each side and removing the A-Pillar covers takes seconds and really simplifies running the direct-wire cables.
The most important concern is to be very gentle in prying off the screw cover-plates. The plastic is easy to scratch or break. Use a very small screwdriver and work them off very slowly. If you have something similar to a screwdriver, but plastic, that would be better.

With those off, remove the torx screws and the pillar cover is very easily removed, (and replacing is just as easy).

What I'd like to hear, is has anyone taped into the power wiring in the ceiling, say the cabin lights or sunroof motor circuits? If that cover was easily removable, it would save wiring all the way down to the fusebox.
Appreciate 0